Data protection statement
1) Information about the collection of personal data and contact details of the responsible body 1.1 We are delighted that you are visiting our website and would like to thank you for your interest. Below we advise you how your personal data is handled when using our website. Personal details in this respect means any data that can be used to identify you personally. 1.2 The body responsible for processing data on this website in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is The Kitchen Facelift Company 10 Wyke Way Shifnal Shropshire TF11 8SF The body responsible for processing personal data is the individual or legal entity who decides on their own or together with others about the purposes and means of processing personal data. 1.3 For security reasons and to protect the transmission of personal details and other confidential content (e.g. orders or enquiries to the responsible body), this website uses SSL or TLS encryption. You can recognise an encrypted connection by the character string “https://” and the lock symbol on your browser line.
2) Data collection when visiting our website When using our website purely for information purposes, in other words if you do not register or send us information in any other way, we only collect such data that your browser sends to our server (so-called “server log files”). When you access our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to show you the website:
Our website visited
Date and time at the time of access
Amount of data sent in bytes
Source/reference from where you came to the page
Operating system used
IP address used (possibly in anonymised form)
Data is processed pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 f of the GDPR based on our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. Data is not passed on or used in any other way. We reserve the right, however, to check the server log files retrospectively if there is concrete evidence of unlawful usage.
3) Cookies To make visiting our website attractive and to enable certain functions to be used, we may use so-called cookies on various pages. This involves small text files, which are stored on your computer or other device. Some of the cookies used by us are deleted after the end of the browser session, in other words after closing your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your device and enable us or our partner companies (cookies from third party providers) to recognise your browser the next time you visit (persistent cookies). If cookies are set, these collect and process certain user information to an individual extent, such as browser and location data as well as IP address values. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may vary depending on the cookie. The cookies are sometimes used, by saving settings, to make the ordering process easier (e.g. noting the content of a virtual basket for a later visit to the website). If personal data is also processed using individual cookies implemented by us, this is processed pursuant to either Art. 6 Para. 1 b of the GDPR to execute the agreement or pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 f of the GDPR to safeguard our legitimate interests in the best possible functionality of the website and to make visiting the site effective and customer-friendly. In some circumstances we may work with advertising partners, who help us to make our Internet content more interesting for you. In this case, cookies from partner companies are also saved on your hard drive for this purpose when you visit our website (cookies from third party providers). If we work together with advertising partners, you will be informed individually and separately in the paragraphs below about the application of such cookies and the extent of the information collected in each case. Please bear in mind that you can set your browser so that you are informed about cookies being set and can decide to accept them individually or exclude the acceptance of cookies for certain cases or in general. Every browser differs in the way it manages the cookie settings. This is described in every browser’s help menu, which explains how you can change your cookie settings. You will find these for the respective browsers under the following links: Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=de&hlrm=en&answer=95647 Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_GB Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html Please bear in mind that the functionality of our website may be limited if you do not accept cookies.
4) Making contact When you make contact with us (e.g. using a contact form or by email), personal data is collected. What data is collected in case of a contact form can be seen from the respective contact form. This data is only saved and used for the purpose of answering your concern or for making contact and the technical administration associated with this. The legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in answering your concern pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 f of the GDPR. If, by making contact, your intention is to conclude a contract, then an additional legal basis for processing data is Art. 6 Para. 1 b of the GDPR. Your data is deleted once your enquiry has been handled. This is the case if it can be gathered from the circumstances that the matter in question has been concluded and that there are no statutory retention obligations preventing this.
5) Using your data for direct advertising We don't use your data for any direct marketing campaigns, email marketing or postal marketing we only use your data to process your order/enquiry.
6) Data processing for order handling purposes To handle your order's/enquiries we may work together with 3rd party service providers who support us wholly or partially to implement the contracts concluded. According to the following information, certain personal data is sent to these service providers. As part of executing the contract, the personal data collected by us is passed onto the transport/delivery companies responsible for delivery if this is necessary to delivery the goods. As part of the order handling process, we pass your details onto the 3rd party responsible if this is necessary for processing. We will obtain consent from you to pass on your data so your order can be fulfilled.
8) Web analysis servicesGoogle (Universal) Analytics - Google Analytics This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ("Google"). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including the shortened IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on a server in the United States as a rule. This website uses Google Analytics only with the add-on "_anonymizeIp()", which ensures the IP address is anonymised by being shortened and guarantees anonymity. The add-on ensures your IP address is shortened beforehand by Google in member states of the European Union or in other states that are party to the European Economic Area Agreement. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. In these exceptional cases, data is processed pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 f of the GDPR based on our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behaviour for optimisation and marketing purposes. On our behalf, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity and providing us with other services relating to website activity and internet usage. The IP address transmitted from your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be put together with other Google data. You can prevent cookies from being saved by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser software; however, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. Furthermore, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) and its processing by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in provided under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en As an alternative to the browser plugin or in browsers on mobile devices, please click on the following link to set on opt-out cookie, which will prevent data being recorded by Google Analytics on this website in future (this opt-out cookie only works in this browser and only for this domain, if you are deleting cookies in this browser, you must click this link again): Disabling Google Analytics Google LLC based in the USA is certified for the US-European data protection agreement, “Privacy Shield”, which ensures compliance with the data protection level applicable in the EU. You can find more information about how user data is handled by Google Analytics in the Google data protection statement: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en
9) Tools and miscellaneous Google Maps On our website we use Google Maps (API) provided by Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Maps is a web service for showing interactive maps in order to view geographic information. Using this service shows you our location and makes it easier to reach us if need be.
10) Rights of the person concerned The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive rights (information and intervention rights) against the responsible body with regards the processing of your personal data, about which we advise you below:
Right to information pursuant to Art. 15 of the GDPR. In particular you have a right to information about your personal data processed by us, the purposes of processing, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period or the criteria used to determine the storage period, the existence of the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, to object to processing, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the source of your data if this is not collected from you by us, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you, as well as your right to be informed of which guarantees exist pursuant to Art. 46 of the GDPR when your data is transferred to third countries;
Right to rectification pursuant to Art. 16 of the GDPR: You have a right to immediate rectification of incorrect data concerning you and/or completion of your incomplete data saved by us;
Right to erasure pursuant to Art. 17 of the GDPR: You have the right to ask for your personal data to be erased if any of the conditions of Art. 17 Para. 1 of the GDPR apply. This right does not exist in particular if processing the data is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims;
Right to restriction of processing pursuant to Art. 18 of the GDPR: You have the right to ask for the restriction of the processing of your personal data as long as the accuracy of your data contested by you is verified, if you oppose the erasure of your data due to unlawful data processing and instead ask for the restriction of the processing of your data, if you need your data to enforce, exercise or defend legal claims once we no longer need this data after fulfilling its purpose or if you have lodged an objection for reasons of your particular situation, as long as this does not override our legitimate grounds;
Right to notification pursuant to Art. 19 of the GDPR: If you have enforced your right to rectification, erasure or restriction of the processing against the responsible body, the latter is obliged to communicate this rectification or erasure of the data or restriction of processing to all recipients to whom personal data concerning you has been disclosed, unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort. You are entitled to be notified about these recipients.
Right to data portability pursuant to Art. 20 of the GDPR: You have the right to receive your data, which you have provided us with, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to ask for it to be transmitted to another responsible body if technically feasible;
Right to withdrawal of consent pursuant to Art. 7 Para. 3 of the GDPR: You have the right, once consent to processing data has been given, to withdraw this consent at any time with effect for the future. In case of withdrawal we will erase the data concerned immediately as long as further processing cannot be supported on a legal basis for processing without consent. By withdrawing consent, the lawfulness of processing based on the consent up to the point of withdrawal is not affected;
Right to lodge a complaint pursuant to Art. 77 of the GDPR: If you believe tat the processing of the personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR, you have the right - without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy - to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your place of residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
RIGHT OF OBJECTION IN THE BALANCING OF INTERESTS, IF WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA BASED ON OUR OVERRIDING LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT AT ANY TIME, FOR REASONS RESULTING FROM YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION, TO LODGE AN OBJECTION TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE. IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CONTINUE PROCESSING YOUR DATA, HOWEVER, IF WE CAN PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF COMPELLING REASONS, WORTHY OF PROTECTION, FOR PROCESSING, WHICH OVERRIDE YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR IF PROCESSING IS USED TO ENFORCE, EXERCISE OR DEFEND LEGAL CLAIMS. IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED BY US TO CARRY OUT DIRECT ADVERTISING, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO LODGE AN OBJECTION AT ANY TIME TO THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU FOR THE PURPOSE OF SUCH ADVERTISING. YOU CAN EXERCISE THE OBJECTION AS DESCRIBED ABOVER. IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL STOP PROCESSING THE DATA CONCERNED FOR DIRECT ADVERTSING PURPOSES.
11) Duration of the storage of personal data The duration for which personal data is save is calculated using the respective statutory retention period (e.g. retention periods under commercial and tax law). Once the period has expired, the corresponding data is routinely erased, as long as it is no longer necessary to fulfil or initiate the contract and/or there is no legitimate interest on our part in continuing to save it.
The Kitchen Facelift Company