The Kitchen Facelift Company
Kitchen Trends and Predictions for 2019
The trend in 2019 will be for a more flexible kitchen environment that offers convenience for multi-tasking consumers. This will steer the direction of kitchen design and styling throughout 2019 and beyond.
We will see kitchens in 2019 taking on a combination of finishes, a material mix of textures, from supe matt through to woods,
Laminate worktops go upmarket with a contemporary square edged worktop
Another development is with Laminate worktops
Top Shape worksurfaces feature a square edged profile which is laminated both sides with the same high quality laminate resulting in the look and feel of quality solid surfaces such as granite but without the price tag.
Its easy to install as it comes with finished edges and reduces the need for on site finishing, its available in 25mm and 40mm depth and in 20 contemporary laminates, matching splashbacks are also available.
Fresh Kitchen Trends for 2019
The Latest Design Trends
for Kitchen Cabinets,Colours, Appliances, Sinks and getting the
most value for your kitchen makeover!
Want to update the look of your kitchen? Maybe you’re interested in remodeling your kitchen, or you’re building a brand new home. Or perhaps you just want to upgrade a few important details in your existing kitchen décor. If you’re freshening up your kitchen in any form, before you spend any money, it pays to get informed about the current kitchen design trends for 2019.
We give you some of the up and coming hottest kitchen design trends for 2019!
2019 Kitchen Style Trends
1. Transitional Style Kitchens
A transitional kitchen is one that incorporates elements that are both traditional and contemporary. Transitional was an important design style for kitchens in 2019,
with many homeowners remodeling their kitchens to reflect this style. We expect to see transitional kitchens remaining popular in 2018.
2. Shaker Style Kitchens
“Shaker style” is a style that fits within the broader transitional style. It is a minimalist look that is more traditional than modern style, but shares some common characteristics such as clean, simple lines and an uncluttered appearance.
3. Contemporary Style Kitchens
In 2018, transitional style had a slight edge over contemporary style; however, according to our research the contemporary style was surging in popularity and was a close second to transitional style in terms of demand. As 2018 progresses, we expect to continue seeing strong demand for contemporary style kitchens.
4. Traditional Style Kitchens Declining in Popularity, but Still Important
In many areas of the UK the traditional style declined in popularity in 2019.There are pundits who have even been so bold as to declare
“the traditional style is going out of fashion - we don't think so!
On one hand, it would be unlikely for this trend to reverse itself as 2018 progresses. On the other hand, we see no evidence that the traditional style is dead; quite the contrary. There’s still plenty of demand for it, and demand is unlikely to completely disappear during this decade. We’ve come to this conclusion since we’re aware of many older homes that were built in the traditional style. We have to wonder, when owners of these older homes are in the market for upgrades, are they all going to bulldoze and build new contemporary style homes? We think this is unlikely. Surely some of them will choose to have a traditional makeover l instead.
If you’re a homeowner in search of style trend ideas for remodeling your own old home, here’s something crucial to be aware of: It’s more important for your home’s design to be harmonious than it is for your home to be upgraded with all the latest trends. For example, if you’re renovating an 1880s farmhouse, it doesn’t make any sense to remodel it with ultra-contemporary furnishings. It’s totally acceptable, and even desirable, for you to embrace the traditional style for the home’s new look.
It’s worth noting that multiple prominent manufacturers of kitchen taps and fixtures have released new product offerings in the traditional category within the last year. This is an indication of how much demand does still exist for kitchen elements in the traditional style. It takes a significant amount of demand to justify the design and product development costs for new offerings such as these.
Demand for traditional style kitchen fixtures is driven in part by homeowners refurbing older traditional style homes. No matter what the current trends are, the style of a home still dictates what its furnishings should look like to a significant degree.
5. Farmhouse Kitchens
Farmhouse style isn’t anything new, but for 2019 it’s the au courant take on country style
6. Gourmet Kitchens
Many homeowners want to stock their kitchens with all the amenities it takes to cook healthy, delicious gourmet meals. Those who are remodeling their kitchens are making space in both their floor plans and their budgets for these amenities.
7. Home Offices, Docking Stations, connectivity and Work Stations in the Kitchen
In 2018, our research indicated that desk or home office space has been created in a majority of new kitchens being designed
This space is also likely to include a docking station for recharging mobile devices.
8. The Decline of the Traditional Kitchen Table
When re-vamping older kitchens in 2019, many homeowners will continue to replace their kitchen tables
with other choices such as kitchen islands or additional worktop space.
Among those who are choosing to keep tables in their kitchens, pub tables, tall gathering tables and worktop height tables are trendy choices for 2019.
These tables are characterized by their height; they are typically 900mm to 1mtr tall, which is taller than the standard kitchen table height of 750mm.
9. Open Floor Plans
Open floor plans aren’t new by any means; this is a mature trend that is still current for 2019.
Kitchen Colour Trends for 2019
1. Grey Kitchens — Grey will still be the most popular colour for virtually every room in the home in 2019, but it’s an especially popular choice for decorating the kitchen
Dust Grey, Light Grey and Stone Grey are the most popular in gloss and super matt..
2. White Kitchens — White is still currently a very popular colour for kitchens, particularly for kitchen cabinets this will continue into 2019
with super matt white increasing in popularity Other popular kitchen elements include white kitchen glass or acrylic splashbacks and white appliances.
3. Blue Kitchens — A range of blues are currently popular in 2018, and they’re all workable for use in decorating the kitchen. Navy blue and lighter blues pair beautifully with white, grey or other colours to complete the look.
4. Black Kitchens — Black is popping up in many kitchens, and many manufacturers are banking on black to be a noteworthy colour for kitchens in 2019.
Since an all black kitchen would be dark and overwhelming, it’s ideal to pair the black with another lighter colour, perhaps white, a pale
shade of grey or a light greyish blue.
5. Colour Blocked Kitchens — Two-tone and colour blocked kitchens were trendy in 2018, and we expect to see them remain popular in 2019 as well.
Kitchen Cabinet Trends for 2019
1. Shaker Style Kitchen Cabinets — Shaker style cabinets are characterized by their simplicity. They are noteworthy for their lack of ostentation.
For those who want wooden cabinets, the Shaker style can be a great way to showcase the natural beauty of the wood. For those who prefer the clean look of a white painted cabinet, Shaker style cabinets are also a top choice. Either way, these cabinets tend to have simple recessed centers, and they are noteworthy for their lack of ornate mouldings.
2. Frameless European-Style Kitchen Cabinets — This type of cabinetry is characterized by its lack of frame and easy accessibility.
3. Pullouts and Rollouts for Kitchen Cabinets — Decluttering is a hot trend in 2019. If you want to declutter the kitchen, pullouts give you options for getting organized and maintaining a clean, uncluttered look.
One example: In the past, you might have stored your kitchen knives in a butcher’s block knife organizer on the kitchen counter. In 2019, you can opt for a butcher’s block knife organizer that’s built into a pullout for your kitchen cabinet, so it’s no longer cluttering up your worktops..
4. The Addition of Lazy Susans in the Cabinets — It makes sense to install lazy susans in your kitchen cabinets to help you organize and find things in hard-to-reach places.
5. Open Shelving — Open shelving has its advantages; it eliminates the “out of sight, out of mind” phenomenon. Storing your treasures in the open can save you time because you won’t need to hunt around for things hidden behind closed doors.
We think this trend has its downsides, too. This is a trend for people who are consistently able to keep up with the dusting and straightening up around their places. If that isn’t you, think twice before abandoning the safety of your cabinet doors.
Soft close drawers and doors are now becoming standard across even kitchens at the cheaper end of the market, bespoke colour
coordinated made to measure units are also available on our premium range of kitchens.
Trendy Kitchen Appliances for 2019
1. Cooktop and Wall Oven Combinations — Homeowners and home builders are embracing the wall oven in increasing numbers, as evidenced by the growth of this sector of the appliance market.
2. The Decline of Freestanding Stoves — Freestanding stoves have been hugely popular in the past, and they remain so in 2019. However, their market share is declining.
3. The Decline of the Side by Side Refrigerator-Freezer — While this is the most popular refrigerator / freezer configuration, it has been declining in market share in the recent past.
4. Freezer-on-Bottom Refrigerators — The new up-and-coming trend in refrigerators is the freezer-on-bottom configuration. While this configuration commands a minority of total sales, the sales volume is growing.
5. Wine Refrigerators — Wine is trendy right now, and wine refrigerators are a tangible reflection of this trend.
Wine cellars are currently popular with affluent homeowners who have sizeable wine collections, but an entire wine cellar isn’t necessary for the majority of homeowners. For homeowners who don’t hoard large quantities of wine, a wine refrigerator in the kitchen typically offers sufficient storage space. Most have sufficient capacity to store enough wine to satisfy casual drinkers who enjoy a bottle with dinner on occasion.
6,. Steam Ovens — It isn’t unusual for food trends and kitchen trends to converge. The steam oven’s rise in popularity coincides with the recent trends
for consuming locally grown organic vegetables and produce.
Steam ovens are appealing to homeowners who frequently prepare rice, steamed vegetables, fish or other moist dishes. For most chefs, a steam oven isn’t an acceptable substitute for a conventional oven. It isn’t an option for dishes that need to be crispy or dry.
7. Double Appliances — There are homeowners who are installing multiples of the same type of appliance in their kitchens. For example, some homeowners are installing double dishwashers in their kitchens. As noted above, some also have wine refrigerators in addition to ordinary refrigerators, or steam ovens in addition to conventional ovens.
8,. Smart Appliances — Imagine you look at your phone to check your latest text message. The text is from your oven. It wanted to let you know that it has just finished cooking your dinner. That could happen to you in 2019 if you decide to purchase a smart oven that’s wired with the capability to text, tweet on Twitter and perform other similar communication tasks.
Smart homes, in general, are predicted to gain traction in 2019.
Kitchen Worktops for 2019
1, Ultra slim laminate worktops (12.5mm thick) are the new worktop style for 2019
Stylish, modern, cost effective and quick to install, Extra slim contemporary laminate
worktops are a versatile and sophisticated option for kitchens, bathrooms and utility areas.
2. Granite worktops Still Going Strong for 2019 — Those of you who follow trends are aware that granite worktops have been popular for what seems like ages now. Some of the trendiest trendsetters have moved away from granite worktops, but the home building and home buying markets as a whole are still embracing them. As of mid 2016 granite was gaining in popularity for kitchen worktops, at the expense of laminates and solid surfacing. Even if this trend does happen to slow as 2018 unfolds, it’s a given that there’ll still be plenty of demand for granite in the kitchen.
3. Quartz Kitchen Worktops — While quartz has a small percentage of the total overall market share for kitchen worktops, the demand for quartz counters is growing. This is definitely a trend to watch for 2019 and the years ahead.
4. Butcher Block Countertops — Wood countertops command a significantly smaller percentage of market share than their natural stone counterparts, but interest in them is currently increasing.
Best Kitchen Sinks for 2019
1. Trough Sinks — A long trough style sink could be just the right look for those whose kitchens incorporate an industrial aesthetic.
2. Granite Kitchen Sinks — Sales of granite and stone kitchen sinks are increasing at a more rapid rate than sales of any other type of sink material. It’s worth noting that a lot are being used in the construction of new homes. We interpret this to mean that strong sales of granite sinks in 2019 is likely to result in a proliferation of new homes on the market featuring granite sinks in 2019. A few years back you could only get black granite sinks but now White, Sandstone, Grey and champagne
colours are now available.
3, Coloured stainless steel sinks - Yes you can even colour co-ordinate your kitchen sink to the rest of your kitchen, a full range of colours are available.
4. Single Basin Kitchen Sinks — In 2019, we’re witnessing a comeback in demand for the single basin kitchen sink. installations for this style of sink have been steadily increasing over the past decade, having climbed to 25% up from 5% by mid 2017.
All the above products are available from your nearest Kitchen Facelift Company outlet
THE KITCHEN FACELIFT COMPANY
Independent branches opening Nationwide